There is no doubt that 2015 has been a great year for my blog. I have shared so much of my heart hear and I am so thankful to all of you who take the time out of your busy lives to read my posts. I wanted to share my top 10 blog posts of 2015 with you.
10. The tenth most popular post is a 2-way tie! Notes of Love For My Husband was about my idea of leaving love notes around for my hubby. I created a set of 30 pre-printed love notes and 4 blank ones for newsletter subscribers to print off. The other post was He is Moved By Our Grief. This post took a look at the story of the death of Lazarus and how Jesus responded to Mary and Martha’s grief over the loss of their dearly loved brother. When we grieve, it matters to God.
9. The topic of grief is a popular one. Our world is so full of hurting people. Our children are no exception. We can ignore our children’s broken hearts – trust me, that does not work – I know. Or, we can lead them through their grief and lift them up to Jesus. Helping My Child Through Grief is one of those moments for our family.
8. How many times have you asked the question “Why Did God Let That Happen?” I have struggled with that question myself many times. This post reveals what I have learned about that question.
7. My seventh top post was a home schooling post. I gave ideas to help start the school year off smoothly. Top 10 Back To Homeschool Prep Ideas would be a good post for the start of the New Year, too. January is a good time to review your home school plan;) Some of these ideas may work for private and public school kids, too.
6. This post is one where I share things from my heart that not many people had ever heard from me. Is that young person really a Rebellious Teen? Or a Broken Spirit? I was certainly a broken spirit that manifested in behaviour that was viewed as rebellion. Instead of trying to force obedience of the rebellious behaviour, get to the heart of the issue – the heart of your child. Find out what is truly going on and deal with the root of the behaviour.
5. Help! My Child Is Not Toilet Trained! Our Journey With Encopresis is about our family’s story with encopresis. Encopresis is a medical condition where a child has been severely constipated, causing ‘accidents’ throughout the day. After years of unsuccessful treatments, we found some answers. And things are STILL going very well!
4. I started my blogging a few years back with some simple and short blog posts intended for the families I work with in home education. But, somehow, God led me into a much bigger vision and blogging environment. My 6 Helpful Beginner Blogger Tips was my fourth top post, offering encouragement to bloggers to continue on with their calling from God.
3. When I Thought I Had Lost My Faith was written about one of the scariest times in my life. I wondered if what I had believed since childhood was a huge lie. But God remained faithful and He showed me the Truth – I wasn’t losing my faith at all. He was simply building me a new one.
2. Ohhh…submission is such a controversial topic!! Even in Christian circles! In this post, What I’ve Learned About Submission, offers a fresh perspective on the topic – a biblical fresh perspective – is there such a thing? I suppose it is more getting back to the Truth rather than just blindly accepting someone else’s opinion on the matter.
AND…DRUM ROLL, PLEASE!
1. My top post of 2015 was…Trading Resolutions For Grace! This post is about my lack of desire to create New Year’s Resolutions – mostly because I know I can’t change myself using just my own efforts. I must look to God and ask Him what areas He wants to change in me and go from there. After all, it is all about GRACE, right? And it is not a coincidence that the song playing on KLove right now is “Flawless” by MercyMe:
Thank you for joining me in this review of the year. I enjoyed looking over my posts and seeing how God has worked in my life and how He has blessed our family.
What will be in store for 2016? I’m glad you asked! I’d love to share some ideas with you for my plans for next year.
Blog post ideas:
Some ideas for posts next year are:
* Encouraging our sisters in Christ
* Taking every thought captive
* Dealing with the past
* Parenting topics such as resilience, negative self-talk, comparison trap, etc.
* Abundant life – where is it?
* Thief of joy
* Marriage topics
Are there any specific topics you’d like me to address? Or find a guest blogger with expertise in an area? Let me know in the comments below!
Book ideas in the works
I’ve begun working on a new book to be released in the new year. It is a devotional on the theme of HOPE. I’d also like to begin working on a book based upon the theme ‘The Heart of a Daughter‘. These two topics have been on the back burner for a while now.
Do you have any thoughts on a topic you’d like to see in book format?
ALSO – be looking for some new printables that will be available on my shopping page. I am working on something I am very excited about right now! I’ll give you a hint…I am making it because I think many of us have lost the dare to dream…OK – I’ll give you a preview of the first page! Each month will have 4 pages for journaling.
If you would like to be notified when this journal is available, leave your name and email here:
I also plan to offer a coupon for anyone who purchases my Hope Journal. The coupon will be a for a special discount on my new devotional on Hope coming in spring 2016.
Here is to a wonderful New Year, full of blessings and GRACE!
Latest posts by Aimee Imbeau (see all)
- What It Means For A Husband To Love His Wife - July 23, 2017
- Grace & Truth ~ 5 Tips To Freshen Up Your Quiet Times - July 21, 2017
- Praying Boldly And The Truth About Rejection (Women Who Move Mountains) - July 20, 2017